We all struggle thinking of gifts to give our Dads on Father’s Day, and end up reaching for the traditional socks, ties, sporting accessories and chocolates. Why not make a change this Sunday 19th June and take your Dad on a great day out? It’s the perfect opportunity to get the family together and show that you appreciate your Dad. We’ve rounded up the best Dad-friendly days out – take a look and choose something special for the Dad in your life. Maybe you’ll even finish the day off with the gift of a balloon flight voucher..
1. Father and child adventurers can find out how to emulate Bear Grylls, one of the world’s most renowned survival specialists at a 24-hour survival academy on Dartmoor!
2. For petrol-head fathers, drive over to BHP Fuel Fest this June 18th-19th to get up close and personal with vintage and classic cars & motorbikes, live shows and static displays throughout the day, as well as trade stands, children’s entertainment and a food village, the entire family is provided for.
3. Take to the skies with a Hot Air Balloon flight from Exeter or Tiverton with Aerosaurus Balloons. Take an unforgettable flight over the beautiful Devon countryside and landing with a champagne reception. What a great way to treat Dad this Father’s Day!
Flights from Exeter, Tiverton and the South West are available on request – call the booking office to enquire 01404 823102.
4. Head down to the pub for a pie and pint with your Dad to escape the rush! The Mill on the Exe is a spectacular pub in a beautiful location. With tranquil waterside gardens next to Blackaller Weir and the Millstone footbridge, it’s easy to forget that the pub is only a stone’s throw away from the bustle of Exeter city centre.
5. For wildlife enthusiasts join the RSPB for a walk around the stunning Labrador Bay, enjoy the sea views of the south west coast path and keep your eyes peeled for gannets!